本文总结两个词组:running a little behind,落后,耽搁;stand sb up,失约,放鸽子。
running a little behind,落后,耽搁
Howard:Hey, uh, the bride and groom seem to be running a little behind. 新郎和新娘 貌似有点事耽搁了 ——《生活大爆炸 S11E24》
They're running a little behind. Should be pretty soon. 前面的人可能耽误了 应该很快就到我们了 ——《生活大爆炸 S09E01》
We are running a little behind schedule. 我们的进度有一点落后。
Our championship rosewood sharks are running a little behind but they'll be here any minute. 我们的冠军玫瑰镇鲨鱼队稍微迟到了一点但是他们随时都可能到。 ——《美少女的谎言 第2季》
stand sb up,失约,放鸽子
This is taking too long. I bet that Sheldon stood my baby up. 这也太久了 我敢肯定是谢尔顿抛下我女儿了 ——《生活大爆炸 S11E24》
stand sb up,字面意思是扶某人起来,还有个很常用的引申含义:失约、放鸽子,(尤指恋人)故意失约使某人空等。
The day we brought him home from the hospital and stood him up. 我们把他从医院抱回来的那天 扶着他站在这儿量下的。 ——《绝望的主妇 第六季》
Stand him up. I'll go again. 扶他起来 我再来。 ——《疑犯追踪 第四季》
Oh, I feel terrible about standing him up, but we found a copy of the affidavit. 放他鸽子让我很内疚,但我们发现了宣誓书的复印件。 ——《 绯闻女孩 第4季》
It's too late to cancel, and I don't wanna stand her up! 现在取消来不及了,而我又不想放她鸽子!
公 众 号 :注意两个号的区别,小斯想(OneNote为主);cas01(知识管理理论及实践)。
温馨提示:本站发布的压缩包如需密码解压,若无特别说明,密码统一为:cas01.com
版权声明:本文为原创文章,版权归 小斯 所有,转载请保留出处。