S05E07,这一集的主题是万圣节,开篇谢耳朵被Leonard他们三个的连环计吓得“晕倒在自己的一滩尿中”,谢耳朵扬言要复仇。复仇之前,照样是先打嘴仗。
pass out,晕倒
Not as droll as a grown man passed out in a puddle of his own urine. 那也可笑不过一个成年人晕倒在自己的一滩尿上 ——《生活大爆炸 第5季》
droll ,滑稽的
You aren't passing out anymore, are you? ” 你现在不会昏过去了,是不是?” ——《哈利波特与阿兹卡班的囚徒》
I partied a couple nights ago, I passed out. 前几天晚上我去狂欢了,我喝晕了。 ——《福尔摩斯基本演绎法第一季》
through and through 彻底的
Sheldon:Well, you've forgotten one thing: I am also a son of the Lone Star state. I'm Texas through and through. And we know how to settle scores down there. If you doubt me, ask Mexico. 可你们忘了一件事 我可是孤星州[德州别称]之子 我可是彻头彻尾的德州人 我们可会修理人了 不信就去问 常被我们修理的墨西哥人 ——《生活大爆炸 第5季》
上面这段话包含两个重点短语:through and through、settle scores
through and through 彻底的、彻头彻尾的、地地道道的
" He accused me of being 'Dumbledore's man through and through.'" “他指责我‘彻头彻尾是邓布利多的人’”。 ——《哈利波特与混血王子》
settle scores,算旧账
Maybe she's having too much fun settling scores. 或许她还没享受够找人算旧账的乐趣呢。 ——《美少女的谎言 第2季》
settle scores with sb: 向某人清算
We will not remain indebted to any superpower and will settle scores with all of them. Just wait. 我们不欠任何超级强国,我们会和你们算账,等着吧。
公 众 号 :注意两个号的区别,小斯想(OneNote为主);cas01(知识管理理论及实践)。
温馨提示:本站发布的压缩包如需密码解压,若无特别说明,密码统一为:cas01.com
版权声明:本文为原创文章,版权归 小斯 所有,转载请保留出处。