《生活大爆炸》英文剧本精读44,eyes locked,对视,注视;meant for,意味着,用于;choke on,因……呛到、噎到;knows no bounds,永无止境,不可限量,无限可能。
Howard:Our eyes locked over the pickled herring. We never meant for it to happen. 透过一条腌鲱鱼 我们四目相接 我们本来没想着会发生关系的 ——《生活大爆炸 S03E08》
eyes locked,对视,注视
eyes locked,或者locked eyes,都行。
We locked eyes, I ran to my room, and we never, ever spoke of it. 我们对视了一下,我跑回了自己的房间然后我们再也没说起过这事。 ——《 生活大爆炸 第10季 》
I grabbed my mother's hands as we locked eyes without a single word or sound from either of our mouths. 我抓住妈妈的手,我们紧紧地注视着对方,没有说话,也没有出声。
He turned off the car, got out, looked at me, and our eyes locked. 他关掉车子引挚,走出来,看着我,然后我们的目光交织在一起。
meant for,意味着,用于
They were meant for the little girl. 因为这双鞋是为这个小女孩缝的。 ——《安徒生童话》
Maybe I'm meant for something more... emancipated. 也许我想追求更多的东西… … 获得自由。
choke on,因……呛到、噎到
Sheldon:Try not to choke on your own drool. 小心别让自己口水噎到窒息 ——《生活大爆炸 S03E08》
drool,流口水;choke on,噎到
Pigwidgeon was choking on an overlarge Owl Treat. 小猪被一粒过大的猫头鹰食卡住了喉咙。 ——《哈利波特与火焰杯》
" Where? " spluttered Mrs. Weasley, choking on her tea and whiskey. “哪儿?”韦斯莱夫人呛了一口威士忌茶水,咳喘着问。 ——《哈利波特与火焰杯》
He hoped they all choked on their suckling pigs. 只暗自希望他们最好都被乳猪噎死。 ——《冰与火之歌》
Right. At the end, you choked on a cookie. 你还被饼干噎到。 ——《老友记第三季》
knows no bounds,永无止境,不可限量,无限可能
Sheldon:The charm of your drug-addled candor knows no bounds. 你服下的药物副作用有无限可能 ——《生活大爆炸 S03E08》
Knowledge knows no bounds. 知识是没有穷尽的。
Ser Harys Swyft was so pale and damp he looked about to faint. " When word of this reaches Lord Tyrell, his fury will know no bounds. There will be blood in the streets ..." 哈瑞斯·史威佛大汗淋漓,似乎随时可能晕倒:" 消息传到提利尔大人耳中,可以想象他的愤怒。到时候流血难以避免… … " ——《冰与火之歌:群鸦的盛宴》
公 众 号 :注意两个号的区别,小斯想(OneNote为主);cas01(知识管理理论及实践)。
温馨提示:本站发布的压缩包如需密码解压,若无特别说明,密码统一为:cas01.com
版权声明:本文为原创文章,版权归 小斯 所有,转载请保留出处。