right to the point,buzz kill
And I was really with him right up to the point that he succumbed to social convention and returned the presents and saved Christmas. What a buzz kill that was. 而且我十分赞赏他屈从于社会习俗回赠礼物 拯救了圣诞节的行为 多么扫兴啊
right to the point 开门见山,直击要害
Amy? Amy? Amy? I'll get right to the point.艾米? 艾米? 艾米? 我开门见山吧。 ——《生活大爆炸 第7季》
succumbed 屈从
a buzz kill 真扫兴
buzz-kill: 扫兴的人或事
a buzz kill: 泼冷水
I don't want this to come off the wrong way, but you're a buzz kill. -Julie! 我不想这引起误会,但你很扫兴。 -朱莉! ——《绝望的主妇 第四季》
talk some sense into sb 和某人讲道理
Well, perhaps when your mother gets here, she'll talk some sense into you. 也许等你妈妈来了之后 她能启发你清醒一点 ——《生活大爆炸 第3季》
Would you please talk some sense into your lunatic roommate? 拜托你好好劝几句你的疯子室友行吗? ——《生活大爆炸 第6季》
Try to talk some sense into the old goat. 试试跟那头老山羊讲道理吧。 ——《权力的游戏 第6季》
公 众 号 :注意两个号的区别,小斯想(OneNote为主);cas01(知识管理理论及实践)。
温馨提示:本站发布的压缩包如需密码解压,若无特别说明,密码统一为:cas01.com
版权声明:本文为原创文章,版权归 小斯 所有,转载请保留出处。